You depend on your vehicle a lot! The best way to extend the life of your car is to perform regular car service and preventative maintenance. Old Town Auto Care in Pleasanton, CA offers quality, affordable preventative maintenance to help keep your car on the road.
Preventative Maintenance includes regular check-ups and car service. It can catch complications with your car before it needs significant repairs and will expand the life of your car to keep it performing effectively for years ahead.
Regular preventative service is the best way for you to save money on auto repair and save time on simple, avoidable mechanical problems. Most preventative maintenance is done at specific periods, and the timetable for your vehicle can easily be found in the owner’s handbook.
Routine maintenance is recommended:
- Depending on driving conditions and automobile make, model, and year
- Every 30,000 miles until 75,000 miles
- After 75,000 miles, take your automobile in once a year
- Seasonally for air conditioner and heater maintenance
- Bi-annually to inspect and rotate tires
- Oil and fluid changes ought to be done every 3,000 - 5,000 miles
Preventative maintenance could generally consist of any of the following:
- Inspect and replace / flush the engine fluids: Oil, Brake Fluid, Power Steering fluid, Windshield Washer Fluid, Transmission Fluid, Antifreeze, Coolant
- Check and/or replace filters: Air Filter, Oil Filter, Fuel Filter
- Tire Balancing and Rotation
- Tire alignment
- Check all Lights
- Check wiper blades
- Examine tires for wear and air pressure
- Check and/or change brake pads
- Vehicle Wash
- Tighten up nuts and bolts
- Inspect belts and hoses
- Check for leaks or oxidation
- Test the battery
- Check HVAC system: Vents, air conditioning and heating, etc
- Run Engine Diagnostics
To keep your vehicle running longer, schedule your preventative maintenance service with Old Town Auto Care in Pleasanton, CA! Let us help you stay on the road and prevent unnecessary wear and tear on your vehicle.